Clear all

amp problem HELPPP!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok when i have my hot rod deville on the clean channel both the volume and master volume work together.

however when i switch it to overdrive and more overdrive, the volume knob does not work at all. and the master volume controls everything.

plus when i turn the master volume on a little bit, i get insane amount of feedback.

this never happened before, on my amp. even the same amp at the stores dont do this.

i don't know what is going on

anyone have an idea?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Where is your GAIN and Master Set when you get this feedback.. also how far away are you from your amp?

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

ok when i have my hot rod deville on the clean channel both the volume and master volume work together.

however when i switch it to overdrive and more overdrive, the volume knob does not work at all. and the master volume controls everything.

plus when i turn the master volume on a little bit, i get insane amount of feedback.

this never happened before, on my amp. even the same amp at the stores dont do this.

i don't know what is going on

anyone have an idea?

My deville does the same thing minus the feedback. I think that is how the controls here, well i thought! But that is weird if ones at the stores don't control that way.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm... this is a little confusing to me.

On my HRD, which is really the same amp, Volume controls the clean channel only for volume only. Master is the "volume" for the Drive channels only. Drive is simply the amount of gain for the Drive channels.

As for the feedback, there might be several answers. Are you using a pedal or multi-efx? If so, perhaps gain is cranked way too high.

Your guitar might simply be too close to the amp.

Your surroundings can cause feedback. For instance if you play in a basement or garage with solid concrete or brick walls, and especially if the room is small.

If you are using a microphone either through the amp or PA, your amp can cause feedback. Try to position the mic so it is not facing your amp directly.

Hollowbody and acoustic guitars feedback very easily.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote