Clear all

Peavey Valve King 112

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I am a newbie looking to upgrade my Fender Frontman to a Peavey Valve King 112 tube amp and wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular model. It seems to have more versatility than the Fender Blues Jr. but it hasn't been on the market as long.

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Most guitarists prefer Tube over Solid State.

From everything I have heard you should be happy with that amp. Also look at epiphone's as well as Vox's line of tube amps.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Peavey makes very good amps, and so far this amp has received very good reviews. So you would probably be very happy with it.

If you can afford more, the Peavey Classic 30 is a famous amp with great tone. It almost has a cult status. Many gigging musicians use the Classic 30.

The Blues Junior is one of the most famous Fender amps of all times. It is known for outstanding tone. And though it is only 15 watts, this is one loud amp that can be used for gigging.

Don't forget the Pro Junior either. This is also a very famous Fender amp known for great tone. This amp leans more toward Marshall tone than the Blues Junior.

When purchasing an amp, don't get caught up in the numbers. A 30 or 40 watt amp is just slightly louder than a 15 watt amp. Go for great tone. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote