Clear all

Amp Settings

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I ahve Marshall 15DFX, and I play a Fender Standard Strat. The guitar has great sustain and I'm happy with it, but whenever i play and hold bends, they don't seem to last long/ have very short sustain. Are there any ideal amp settings to improve the length and clarity of my bends?

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

If you check this Link to another post, scroll down you'll see it. The names of the controls maybe different but the Idea is the same.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your help but I know what the buttons on my amp do, and I know how to use them, but I want to know if anyone already has a good setting that works for them

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Turn the gain control to about 8 for the setting and turn the volume anywhere from 0 to 2 1/2. Now adjust the Treble to say 4 1/2, Middle to say 6, bass to 4 1/2. Experimenting is the key to finding your own sound and tone.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

If you are not finding what you need in your amp as far as sound goes, then it is likely time to go to pedals. If you are advanced enough to be trying bends, then it is time to experiment with pedals. Try a Zoom 606 for 80 dollars as a multi-effects pedal and experiment away. You will find something you like and it will be a great starting point to find out the types of effects that you like. Just have fun and keep playing.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Put some vibrato on the end of your bends. Not only will the notes sustain longer, but they will sound far more interesting as well. This is a difficult technique that takes lots of practice.

Listen to Angus Young of AC/DC. He is a master at this.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote