Skip to content
Anyone try the Digi...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone try the DigiTech EC Crossroads pedal?..

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mrlogs)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone tried the "Digitech Eric Clapton Crossroads Pedal" yet?..I'm realitively new (Surprise!)..I have a Fender Artist Series E. Clapton Strat, and a Line 6 Flextone III XL..I just cannot get the amp set-up for the tones used in "Sunshine of (you know the rest..visit Guitar Center..LOL)..& other vintage Clapton music....I was hoping the pedal would sorta be a "shortcut" to that sound Cream had, etc..I know..his sound is partially attributed to his technique, etc..But I ordered it (for $120) & was wondering if anyone was familiar with it..Thanks in advance for any comments!.....Tom

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'm not familiar with that pedal. I just read the Pilots handbook for your amp, it has the capabilities to imitate or recreate that tone. Opinion: An all tube amp was used to create that original signature “woman tone”, I would use an outboard equalizer for better control of frequencies and widen the sound field, set the amp to a 68 Marshall ‘Plexi' Super Lead or 50's/60's Fender Twin tone, add a touch of the Modulation: U-Vibe, then experiment with different speaker cabinet combinations.

Experimenting will be the trick to nailing tone. Hope this helped.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Wasn't Sunshine of Your Love played on an SG, I just turn down the tone alot on the bridge pickup. It sounds decent enough.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote