Clear all

Overdrive pedal with Fender

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm running my guitar, Les Paul style, through a Fender Princeton Chorus. I have finally gotten a nice Overdrive out of it, however I'm looking for more. The tone is good for like blues, and classic rock rhythm, but I'm looking for a lead tone. Will an overdrive pedal do this, assuming it is used with the overdrive channel of my amp. The amp is solid state so I'm not sure. Any ideas? Also, what is a good, reasonable priced Overdrive pedal.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

My thoughts for example. I would use an equalizer. Since its a dual channel amp I would set channel 1 for rhythm and Channel 2 for lead plus I would step on the Eq to give it that extra something. Or even the other way around, Eq on the rhythm channel. Using a overdrive pedal or tube screamer would also work. Speaking for myself I generally try to achieve the tone I'm looking for with an Eq first, then if I can't find it I try other options.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@risingforce)

i agree with forrok_star. EQ does it good. But you can try any overdrive pedal to boost your pup. I recommend you a Marshall Jackhammer. Good luck...

You've got desire... so let it out...you've got the power... stand up and shout

ReplyQuote