Notifications
Clear all

Are these Fender Deluxe amps the same? and other questions

79 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Sleep? I figure I'll get plenty of sleep when I die. :shock: :D And the good news is.... I go back to normal schedule after monday. No more 12 hour shifts. But... My branch operations officer hasn't managed to hire anyone to fill our 3rd slot yet so it looks like I'll be working 6 days a week for a couple more weeks. As it stands it'll be september before I can even go amp shopping.

The upside is if all this keeps up I'll be able to buy several new "toys" if I want. :)

Glad you're happy with yours Corbind. :D

Quick edit.

I was torn between the Deluxe and the Deville but from everything I've read and what I've heard at the store 40 watt 1x12 should be more than loud enough for everything I need it for, including gigging eventually. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You'll learn that it's not the amp that is making you better, it's the sound that makes you better.

I'm not trying to sound like a snob or anything. It's just when you finally get that "sound" you have been looking and waiting for you feel like your on top of the world.

Just as much as you will hear the AWESOME sounds that you make, you will also hear the sounds you mess up on.

I'm really glad to hear that you are not disapointed with the amp.

Have fun and keep ROCKIN'

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Right now I'm rearranging my computer room to accommodate the new amp. I used to have my old amp up on a hutch on my 4' deep by 8'long by 4.5' tall desk. Well the desk is 3' tall but the hutch I built all the way around the sides and back reaches up 4.5 feet. I put my amp up there. It was cool because the amp was at the same height as my stereo speakers so I could hear all of it.

Now, with this bigger amp I don't want it up on the hutch so I'm moving some furniture around so I'll have my stereo facing one wall and the amp shooting at it from the opposite wall

SPEAKER-------------STEREO-----SPEARKER

------------------ HRDx-----------------------

I think it will work out. Also, I was just planning to leave the amp at band practice. It's a 45-minute ride each way and I'd have to lug it downstairs here and downstairs at Frank's house. Now that I played it just once I'm thinking about hauling it each week so I can use it here 6 days a week! Also, part of the room rearrangement will make it easier for me to unplug and replug up the amp for traveling.

Twisty, hope that OT money gets you your new toys! Another thing to think about is I believe the HRDx weighs about 45lbs and the Deville weights in at about 60lbs. That gets to be in the heavy side. But if it's just staying put it may be for you!

Tracker, yea, I'm just pleased with my sound. I don't care why it's working as long as it continues. In 3 hours I'm going to my buddy John's condo and I'll be playing through the 10 watt Crate I leave there all the time. Hmmm, do you think I'll get a nice HRDx sound out of that? Not likely. Maybe over time I'll get a Blues Jr. or another HRDx to leave there since I'm there practicing most weekends.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Twisty, hope that OT money gets you your new toys! Another thing to think about is I believe the HRDx weighs about 45lbs and the Deville weights in at about 60lbs. That gets to be in the heavy side. But if it's just staying put it may be for you!

Not gonna happen. Left work started my car and kablooey! No amp for me if what i think happened, happened. :cry:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Not gonna happen. Left work started my car and kablooey! No amp for me if what i think happened, happened. :cry:

Been there, done that :cry: . I feel your pain brother :cry: , I feel your pain :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!

Don't give up yet though. Remember what G.A.S stands for (at least in this case anyway) Great Amp Syndrome! :wink:

But seriously, I hope your vehicle situation works out for the best.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh, good gravy, that bites!!! If it's any consolation, I'm driving a Honda Civic that has 130,000 + miles on it so I'm waiting for that KaBlam too. When I gave my ex my '98 Ford Windstar I got her '95 car. It was a pain because I dumped $1,500 into it in the first two months but it's been a champ since. I hope you can just get your car up-to-speed and then go from there. :D

Hey, there's always more OT, eh? I just hope you get your car back together for a decent price. Life is certainly full of surprises.

Okay, now we have to start the “Get Twisty the HRDx fund.” If every member donated a dollar you could get a $3,000 boutique amp and put us all to shame! Let us know how much “damage” for your car. All I know is you have to have your car to get to work and make money to pay the bills. Even a dead battery will kill a day's work. Had it happen (but fortunately not in many years).

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

TwistedFingers

Nooooooo!

Hope it's nothing expensive. You have worked so hard. We are all pulling for you.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Off topic. It's 1:13am and I just got done getting all the stuff ready for OzzFest tomorrow at Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI. I'm the cook for 10 people. Everything is in place: coolers, food, condiments, etc. It took me some time but now I get to relax and play. Sadly, I have to wake in 7 hours to drive to the rally point, but hey, it will be fun. Brats, burgers, beer, and music.

So even though it's that late, do you think I should just warm up those tubes a little? Man, I really want to. But being respectable, I'll opt to just run through band songs through the headphones. But when I wake, I'll hit a few through the HRDx to pump me up for the day!

Twisty, you ready for the Twisty Fund? Sounds like you may need

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Corbind I appreciate the thought about the Twisty fund. I'm very touched that an idea like that even crossed your mind. But I'm like Charlie Daniel's "I ain't asking nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own."

Got the hood up after a good nights sleep. Serpentine belt went and popped a couple electrical wires which caused the smoke. Whew! :shock: I was thinking much, much worse. About a $100 and a little help from a buddy and I should be back on the road by the time I get off work tonight... Fortunately that won't set me back much. The other fortunate thing is I only live 3 miles from work. So extreme worst case scenario I can walk if I have to. :D

:D :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'm glad it's not as bad as you first thought.

I guess I have to put VOID on my Twisty fund check. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

:shock: :D

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Okay you HRD owners keep talking about them. I just spent $400 to make my beastmobile run again. So it's going to be a bit before I can do more than play one at the store. :(

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Twisty

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all"

I have your kind of luck. My first Christmas with my first wife I was so happy. I had saved $125 (probably be the same as $500 today). I was going to buy everybody presents. I went to the bank and withdrew the money. I pulled out into the street and drove less then one block when I heard this horrible commotion underneath my car. My muffler had fallen down and got tangled beneath my car. I was directly in front of a Midas Muffler. I pulled in. My car sounded like a tank dragging aluminum siding.
The entire system had to be replaced. Cost me $110. :cry:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Twisty/Wes, that bites. It's funny now that I bought the amp I'm worried something may go wrong with my car and set me back $500. It's a funny game of just staying ahead of the curve. Wes, that must have sucked to have to forgo the Christmas presents.

Tonight is the first time I'll practice with the band with the HRDx. It should be interesting. I hope my volume pedal will make sure I don't accidentally disinegrate the paint on the walls with sheer volume. I still have to check out that amp stand you showed. It's interesting the Peavey stand is $50 but the one at MF is half the price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040817093032067165153076108931/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/450052/

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

You could always do an E.Sherman fund. :(

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6