5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone,
I've got a couple of old atlas boom mic stands, which are extremely well built, and have served me well over the years. Lately, though, they've become a bit run down. They still work, but each stand has a couple parts that need to be replaced. I noticed that their new models use what looks like similar hardware, and I was wondering if maybe there is a way to buy the hardware that I need, instead of a whole new stand. I could just buy new cheap stands, but I figure that i'll get a better stand in the end if I fix up the existing ones. I looked around on google, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of a source where I might be able to buy atlas mic stand parts?

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Here's their parts page (or at least one of them) http://atlasmicstands.com/group.cfm?grp=10

Looks like you can buy direct from the web site.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ouch! Those parts are a bit overpriced, IMHO. Thanks for the link, though...
I've been looking for parts on e-bay, and occasionally an old stand comes up, so maybe i'll be able to get something on there...

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I lucked out.
Just stopped by my local music-go-round, and somebody had just dropped off a whole load of atlas parts. I grabbed two whole stands, and the parts to fix mine for under $30.

ReplyQuote