Notifications
Clear all

behringer gmx110

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@spider61)
Topic starter  

:D   has anyone out played on any of the gmx's behringer i'm looking to buy one. i think it would make a nice addition to my studio.    :-/   I can't find any in my local stores. i would have to buy it online. but at $ 150.00 for a 30watt 1 10" speaker and 27 amp models
and 99 built in effects how can i go wrong .

just one gold record away from retriment..

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'm not real familiar with those amps, but seeing that it only has a 10" speaker, when the Behringer BLUE DEVIL  has a 12" for only a few more dollars. I would consider going with it. even has the effects.

Just my thought

joe

ReplyQuote
(@spider61)
Topic starter  

in the gmx line you can get 1 10inch, 1 12inch or 2 12inch.

just one gold record away from retriment..

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would get a 12 then if possible. my opinion you'll get a better sound.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

In the GMX series you can get:

1x10 (GMX110)
2x10 (GMX210)
2x12 (GMX212)

However, I don't agree with Joe here about the bluedevil. It is true that the BD has a 12", and the GMX110 a 10" speaker,  but there are two reasons why I should still go for the GMX:

1) Analog modelling. The diversity this gives you really outclasses the BD. And if you ask me, it is on itself worth more then a 12" speaker. Do note it is not 27 amps, but 27 setting combinations. It is more like three amps, with each three channels, and three cab simulations.

2) The GMX110 has a speaker-out. So if you do desire a better speaker, you can hook it to any cab you like. And I even believe you can (correct me if I am wrong Joe) connect the FX-send of the GMX to the FX-return of any other amp, so you have the sound of the GMX and the wattage and speakers of a bigger combo.

As for recommendation: I'll be buying the GM110, without the effects, pretty soon. Don't need the effects since I have their V-amp2. If you can spare the money:

2xGM110 (#198,99)
1xX v-amp ($69,99)

Ok, so instead of 150 you'll be spending 250, but now you can run in stereo, using the X v-amp stereo effects, while setting both amps to different amp models creating really wicked sounds. Or you can use the X-v-amp amp simulations. Ton's of sound options with this setup!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I don't see much difference they both have 24-bit stereo multi-effects processor with combinations of 99 user presets and MIDI control.  other than that the BD has their acclaimed VIRTUBE circuitry, which gives you true tube-amp character in a completely solid-state amp.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Joe, the GMX series is the new modelling series of Behringer, not to be confused with the older GX series (yeah, Behringer's names are confusing).

GMX212: modelling with fx.
GX212: Just FX.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040307041805062251087047235880/g=home/search/detail/base_id/109902

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I see what your saying the x and mx thing.. I was mainly suggesting to get an amp with a 12" inch speaker rather than a 10" inch. The amp I posted was just an example.  Although it does sound like it would be interesting to try out.

Joe

ReplyQuote