Request for Beginner Article on EFX Boxes

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask if anyone would like to write an article on the most generally used EFX boxes, and what they accomplish, and a comparison and contrast of similar effects that are still a bit different (ie, difference between distortion and fuzz).  The reason I'm asking is that I'm starting to progress a bit and becoming interested in getting a sound for myself, and I'm starting to look into effects boxes rather than expensive amps.  I'm looking for a simple sound so personally I want a nice distortion box (probably going to get the Boss BD-2).  Anywho, recently a friend gave me his old Boss Chorus box and quite frankly I have no idea what it's potential is, and what it does.  And I know there are a lot of other effects boxes out there like Wah pedals, fuzz boxes, and the like but I don't really know what they do.  I was just wondering if maybe on of you guys would like to write a beginner's guide to popular effects.  I apoligize in advance for sounding arrogant and making someone do work.  

Thanks mucho.

Mike  :)

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

(@Anonymous)

I just wanted to ask if anyone would like to write an article on the most generally used EFX boxes, and what they accomplish, and a comparison and contrast of similar effects that are still a bit different (ie, difference between distortion and fuzz).

You might find this link to Harmony Centraluseful.

ReplyQuote