Clear all

Behringer GMX210

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey fellas I was just in guitar center an they had this behringer GMX210 it looked pretty stelar an i want to use if for band practice an gigs so i was wondering if anyone else has one of these or has tried em out or whatever cuz it has such a stellar price tag i would even consider buying it an modifying it just wondered what u people think

be good at what you can do-

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I have it's big brother, the GMX212. While I am not much impressed with the build in effects (the reverb/chorus/delay is ok, the flanger/phaser/wah are utterly useless), the basic tone is both very versatile and very good. The GMX210 is the same as the GMX212, with the difference being:

-2x30W instead of 2x50W
-2x10" speakers instead of 2x12" speakers
-no speaker out
-no presence control

If you can spend the extra $50, you might want to go with the GMX212. But if not, the GMX210 is really a LOT of amp for the insanely low price you'll have to pay.

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Would the GMX212 be powerful enough for gigs and is it worth getting

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Powerfull enough? That depends on what gigs you have and what music you play. The pure clean channel is somewhat less loud, and might have trouble with a drummer. The distortion models are very, very loud and will easily cut through the mix. Whether it is worth or not the money depends on what you';re after. It was worth it to me.

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

The pure clean channel is somewhat less loud

A bit of an understatement I feel. I tried this amp, and the clean channel was almost innaudible. The only way yto get any sound from it was to switch the gain to high on the Tweed model. This made the sound less clean, and still wasn't very loud.

I still think these are great amps for the money. And though the clean channel is quiet, there are so many i/o options that you can easily run it through the PA. However, If you want to gig with the amp on its own, (not miced up or pluged into PA) then your gonna have problems on the clean channel.

There again, if you only use distortion, these amps are really quite special. The distortion is versatile and incredibly loud.

You really need to decide what sort of sound you want. If its Clean country stuff, don't go for the Behringer. But even so, they are a lot of amp for the money.

oh, there are also some worries with reliability on Behringer Gear, but they come with a fairly long Garantee/waranty.

Hope that helps

Peter

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

English One: just to make sure, you were told that when you use the Tweed-Clean settings the gain control becomes a second volume control? So if you are going to play clean stuff, you turn gain to 10, and then adjust using the volume? If you leave gain at 1, you'll be only using 10% of the possible volume. Or in other words, you'll get the volume of a 0,1W amp. Which is admittedly not that loud.

Anyway, and while I do believe the volume issue is not that bad, I do agree that if you play mostly clean, there are better alternatives. (Fender has both LOUD solidstates and lower-wattage tube amps that both have great cleans).

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

How much are these things usualy? And isn't there some way of boosting the volume through a pedal or something?

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The GMX212 is $250, the GMX210 is $200. A booster will work, but might result in a less clean sound...

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

A clean boost would work and maybe give it a slight breakup (maybe not desired being as its not a tube amp) but it might be good.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote