Skip to content
Bit of help please....

Notifications
Clear all

Bit of help please... (MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jg8804)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, i think it is time to move up from my super amazing, stadium busting 2nd hand squier sp10 and i am willing to spend a half decent amount.

I'm looking at the Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 combo, seen some good reviews and from what i could find here, people seem to like the head of the combo. Just wondering though, will it be worth my £400 as unfortunately if i do get it i shall not be able to play it first.

My guitar isn't all that great at the minute either but that's the month after nexts investment.

Anyway, is it a good amp? Im guessing its loud but that isn't the main thing i am after. I want a good clean sound and a nice crunch if i need it. I'm thinking if i get something like this now, i shouldn't NEED to upgrade or get another amp in the near future. (not saying i wont mind ) :lol:

Anyhoo, reckon it will be worth it?

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Well, many people would define good clean in terms of Fender or Vox and then put a pedal in front. Some people do like the Marshall clean. I fyou aren't sure, you might be better off playing through a bunch of amps before you spend that much money.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@jg8804)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

True, where i work we have some decent Fenders in for a little cheaper, they happen to have a load of effects built in though which im not looking for but i suppose ill just have to give them a play.

ReplyQuote