Clear all

Blues Jr.

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I've joined the group of proud Blues Jr. owner (I bought a blem Blonde from MF with a quarter size indention on the cabinet for $339) and so far I love it. Still trying to dialing the mojo, but so far so good.

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats!!!

The Blues Jr. is a great amp. If you get to gig situations just mic it and you won't be disappointed.

Have fun!!!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Nice amp!

I've got a friend who gigs with two of them. Never turns the master volumes past 3 in a good-sized club, and he's got plenty of volume for a blues band with a drummer, bass and singer.

Folks who need lots of power "to keep up with the drummer" have a drummer problem. A nondefective drummer doesn't bang as hard as he can all the time.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

My Blues Jr. gets along just fine with drummers -- no mic needed as yet. Congrats and enjoy that lovely Fender tone, B-man.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Sorry bout that! I didn't intend to sound like a stick in the mud.

The Blues Jr. can hold its own, but in some situations mic'ing it might be an option if you are seen more than heard. I'm not saying it's not loud enough, just a precaution to let you know your options, that's all.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Those are a great sounding amps. Once you find its sweet spot it will have everyone crying for more. You might even up gettting to spoiled on the tone. There's no turning back. Anyway have fun experimenting and playing on it. When the time comes for your next investment maybe think about putting an Equalizer pedal between your guitar and the input and an attenuator to clip just a couple dB's off the volume, not much just a few. I looked around but couldn't find the couple Mp3's I did using one where I use and eq and attenuator on it. It really held it's own with the big dogs,

joe

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Those are a great sounding amps... You might even up gettting to spoiled on the tone. There's no turning back.

This is my problem. :D

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Getting close to the sweet spot with my Texas Fat Strat. Does anyone use their Blues Jr for accoustic and if so, any sugueted settings?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

See Ric snd Gnease
also note...
Acoustic amps are very transparent to let the natural sound of the guitar through. The BJ does and some colour.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Main thing's to keep the gain way down.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Main thing's to keep the gain way down.

Right. This means: Fat switch OFF (out, this is lower gain), master turned way up, and use the pre-amp volume to adjust overall volume. You may need to back off your guitar volume a bit as well to keep from driving the amp's input too hard. All of this should help to minimize the normally-desirable saturation at various stages. Adjust the rest of the controls (tone stack, reverb) to your liking.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote