Clear all

Blues style distortion?

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was looking into a distortion pedals with sort of a blues style to it. I wasn't sure which one to get. I've narrowed it down to the Digitech Screamin Blues and Boss Blues Driver. I wanted some opinions on either of the pedals. I am leaning more toward the Digitech one since it I have more control over the tone on that pedal.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Don't overlook the Danelectro Daddy-O. Read the reviews. This pedal is awesome and costs about 1/2 of what the others go for.

There is one review that said the pedal broke. Right now I own no less than 8 Danelectro pedals, some I've had for many years and have seen lots of action. Every one works as good as the day I bought it. So quaility is not an issue.

This pedal is extremely versatile. I especially like the 3 tone controls. You can get just about any tone (except Metal) out of this pedal. Great for a natural tube amp Blues tone.

Danelectro Daddy-O

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I might consider the Danelectro Daddy-O, but I want to hear it in action. I can't find a sound clip on their website. Do you know where I can hear that pedal being used?

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Musicians Friend has some clips. (Music 123 is cheaper though)

Daddy-O

Also more reviews.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That pedal sounds nice, but it's out of my price range :(

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I *think* this is the same pedal used.

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/135U-4720.htm

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That pedal sounds nice, but it's out of my price range :(
My friend gets a very nice bluesy crunch from the DOD 250, which you can find for under US$40.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_id/42046
http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/DOD/250_Vintage_Distortion-01.html

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Evolution

That's why I showed the Music 123 page. The Daddy-O is $15 less there.

If you are really on a budget you should try Instrument Exchange. You can get some real deals there, and they have good guarantees. I have bought a few pedals off there, no problems at all.

Instrument Exchange

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was not considering to buy it from the internet, because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of shipping it to Canada and then customs. With the shipping and taxes when it comes into Canada. It's just not worth it. I check it out at my local music store and it was $95.99 for that pedal and I was looking for something under $100 with tax.

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Sorry didn't notice where you were from. Isn't customs terrible? Have you checked Songbird on Queen street?

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sorry didn't notice where you were from. Isn't customs terrible? Have you checked Songbird on Queen street?

It's $90.00 there too on their website, but I see one on ebay that is about to end soon for about $12 US. I'm going to sweep in and hopefully outbid the guy with 2 mins left :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

It's $90.00 there too on their website, but I see one on ebay that is about to end soon for about $12 US. I'm going to sweep in and hopefully outbid the guy with 2 mins left :lol:

MAN eBay is a blessing isn't it!!! 8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

:D Good Luck!

Steely Dan

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I didn't get it :( I outbid the guy in the last minute and then I got up to get get lunch. When I got back it said the other guy won the auction and seems the guy put in a last minute bid to win the thing. Hopefully I have better luck with this next one.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I didn't get it :( I outbid the guy in the last minute and then I got up to get get lunch. When I got back it said the other guy won the auction and seems the guy put in a last minute bid to win the thing. Hopefully I have better luck with this next one.

I'll sell it to you for $10 more than I paid! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Kidding! Unless you actually had the congratulations page telling you that you won there's not much you can do. Unless the seller cancelled your bid but he would have to explain why.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2