Clear all

Blues style distortion?

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

After I lost couple auctions on Ebay. I took a look at the Danelectro Fab series at my local music shop and loved the sound of them. Plus they were pretty cheap pedals too so I grabbed a distortion and overdrive pedal :D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Collecting pedals is is always fun. Lord knows I have over the years. If you really want a blues tone start saving for a small all tube amp, equalizer, attenuator, and 1x12 open back cabinet. It will cry blues all night long.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Already got a tube amp. Now I need that equalizer, attenuator, and that 1x12 cabinet :(

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Evolution

I would say go with the attenuator first. You simply place it between the amp head and speaker. Now you will be able to crank your tube amp into saturation and keep the volume low. It will overdrive and you will get the natural blues distortion you hear on recordings. This is how most blues players get their tone in the first place. They are simply pushing a small tube amp into saturation.

The eq will allow you to fine tune the tone better than your amps tone controls. And the 1 X 12 will give your tone more fullness.

Check out Weber attenuators. Very reasonable price. I own the 50W Load Dump and am very happy with it. Priced about the same as the Blues distortion pedals you have been looking at.

Weber Attenuators

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Musiciansfriend.com appears to be shipping to Canada now, don't know about taxes and tarriffs, but they are trying to send to you.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2