Clear all

"broken" amp

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@strife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

im having some trouble with my hughes and kettner edition blue 15 r. the input where you put the cable is really messed up. when i play clean the guitar sound horrible and it will only play the distorted channel if i wiggle the cable around. any suggestions?

i still have the warrany so if it something i cant fix easily i will just bring it back to the shop to get fixed

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Strife

If the amp is still under warranty, why not let a professional fix it? If you do it yourself it will take just as long. You will have to order the part and then take your amp all apart. I'm sure you are capable of fixing it, but a shop has all the tools to do an expert job. In addition, you could void your warranty if you performed the work.

If the amp was out of warranty, that would be different. In that case it would probably be cheaper to fix it yourself.

Your amp sounds like it just needs a new input jack. Pretty simple repair.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Strife,

I have a great deal of experience with electronics - but to troubleshoot a problem over the WEB is next to impossible - if it is still under warranty I'd return it for repair :!:

BS

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

BS (you gotta love those initials :D )

Not to jump anybody's thread, but I have a problem with a new amp I just bought that MAYBE you can diagnose. I will start a new thread.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@strife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

so if its under warranty i dont have to pay for anything do I?

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Read your warranty card - normally if the problem is due to defective components or workmanship there should be no charge - if the problem is a result of user damage, misuse or modifications then there could be a charge -check with your dealer.

BS

Yes I know the initials are great - and believe me I love to use them - BS

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Quote: if its under warranty i dont have to pay for anything do I?

No you shouldn't. I would take the amp back and ask them nicely to replace the amp. More than likely they will replace it. I would even ask them if its a common problem with those amps.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@strife)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i think the warranty card is written in German

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Das ist ja das Problem. Hughes & Kettner ist eine deutsche Firma. :?

In spite of that, take it back to the shop and explain your problem - if it's under warranty, they'll sort it out for you.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote