Buttons On My Amp...what are they?...

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a Fender 15r Frontman amp

I play Acoustic Electric..and I'm wondering if the Reverb or Gain have anything to do with how it plays when plugged in?..

What are the buttons on the thing anyway?...

Thanks,

Jet.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Yes, everything used to build the guitar to room acoustics to anything you its plugged into will effect the sound and tone of the guitar and playing. Below is a list of controls.
1. INPUT - Plug your guitar in here.
2. NORMAL VOLUME - Adjusts the loudness of the normal channel.
3. GAIN - Adjusts the amount of gain and overdrive in the drive channel in conjunction with the drive volume control.
4. DRIVE SELECT - Activates the drive channel.
5. DRIVE VOLUME - Adjusts the loudness of the drive channel in conjunction with the gain control.
6. TREBLE - Adjusts the high-frequency level.
7. MIDDLE - Adjusts the middle-frequency level.
8. BASS - Adjusts the low-frequency level.
9. REVERB (Frontman 15R models only)-Adjusts the reverb effect level for both channels.
10.AUX IN - RCA input jacks for use with a portable CD or tape player, drum machine, etc. These input jacks are not affected by the amplifier's volume or tone controls. Adjust the signal at the source.
11.HEADPHONES - Output jack for standard stereo or mono headphones.
Using this jack automatically disconnects the speaker. This jack can
also be used as an unbalanced line output by using either a stereo or mono 1/4" phone plug connection.
12.POWER INDICATOR - Illuminates when the unit is ON.
13.POWER SWITCH - This switch turns the unit ON and OFF.

Here's the Fender 15r Frontman Manual

Hope it helped

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Wow - Great!...thanks...I guess I'll use it more often.

Jet.

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So does the "gain" produce the Electric sounds?

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Simply put, there are 2 amplifiers in your amp. The first one is controlled by "Gain" and when you turn this up, you create distortion which hopefully sounds good, and it becomes louder. The second amplifier is controlled by the "Volume" which makes it louder or softer.

If you turn up the Gain and turn down the Volume, you should get a nice distorted sound that doesn't make your ears bleed.

This is a simplified description, but it's a good place to start. Mess around with all the knobs and buttons and see what happens.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hear's something to try. First turn the Volume for the drive channel all the way down, Second set the Treble, Middle, Bass controls to their middle position 6. Now activate the drive channel by using the - DRIVE SELECT- set it so the drive channel is on. Turn the -GAIN- control to about 8 for the setting and turn the volume anywhere from 0 to 2 1/2. Now adjust the Treble to say 4 1/2, Middle to say 6, bass to 4 1/2. Experimenting is the key to finding your own sound and tone.

Somewhere right in there you'll find it's sweet spot. It won't be very loud but it will have you sounding pretty cool, if you like overdrive sustain. Now you can change from the clean channel for playing rhythms and kick the overdrive for lead. The overdrive channel will work fine for Rock & Roll rhythm patterns also.

Have fun experimenting thats what its all about.

Joe

ReplyQuote