Notifications
Clear all

CD Input???

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ladyjane)
Topic starter  

This is probably a dumb question, but here goes...

I have a Marshall AVT20 amp and it has a cd input socket, and I was wondering how does that work? when I bought it, I didn't bother asking the salesguy because I thought I'd be able to figure it out, but so far i haven't. :? The instructions booklet is no help at all...

if anyone could explain it to me, I would appreciate it. I hope I don't sound like too much of an idiot and that someone knows what I'm talking about... :?

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

If your CD player or Walkman has a Line Out or Headphone Jack you just go out of there into your Marshall CD input. You may have to buy an adapter at Radio Shack. This will allow you to play along with your favorite CD's.

Use the Line Out if you have it, but the headphone jack will work as well although you may have to turn the volume way down. Otherwise you may get distortion.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The CD input will take a stereo signal from an external source, such as a CD or tape player, and mix it into a mono format. This will allow you to play along with a pre-recorded signal. Because this input is after the preamp stage, its volume has to be controlled from your CD or tape player.

Depending what external source your using and what type of output connection it has will determine what type of adaptor you'll need. The CD input on the amp is a 1/4 stereo. A Y cord to 1/4" stereo, 1/8" stereo to 1/4" stereo to name a few. What type of output does the external souce have?

joe

ReplyQuote