Clear all

Changing guitar signal over a loop?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I have a boss loop sampler which I use to solo over and such. I love the thing, but I would like to be able to alter the signal which I am playing over the loop without altering the loop itself. I play a fair amount of blues and would like to be able to loop a clean sound and play over it with a little bit of grit. Is this possible? My guitar has dual outputs, one accessing the acoustic bridge and the other accessing the electric pups which can be blended. My guitar runs through the unit directly to the amp. Does anyone who has the unit been able to achieve what I am trying to do? I'll have to look when I get home, but I think that the unit only has one output. Maybe I could send one through the mixer on a PA...?

Thanks,
Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I would think that you could put a distortion pedal before the looper, sample the loop clean, and then tap the distortion pedal to get the gritty solo.

Guitar -> Distortion -> Loop Sampler -> Amp

That should work...

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I would think that you could put a distortion pedal before the looper, sample the loop clean, and then tap the distortion pedal to get the gritty solo.

Guitar -> Distortion -> Loop Sampler -> Amp

That should work...

-Laz

Exactly what I do.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah i really should have thought of that :D

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote