Clear all

Digitech RP-12

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hello all, I just bought a used Digitech RP-12 processor and it was sitting in the closet for quite some time. One of the pedals doesn't want to work. Any suggestions on cleaning it? I think that once cleaned it should work fine. All the other pedals work. Any substances I should stay away from? Anything especially good to clean up these items?

I was planning on opening it up to clean the various contact points. Thanks!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

The Dali Lima

Hey I owned one of these. It was a great pedal until I loaned it to a kid for one gig. I don't know what he did, but it has not worked since.

Be careful with that one pedal. Once I owned an electric keyboard that played fine except for one single key. This key would only sound if you really hammered on it with force.

I thought contact cleaner would correct it. I could see the contacts under the keys. I sprayed some in there, just a little. WHAT A MISTAKE. It completely ruined the keyboard. Now, about 5 or 6 keys were dead. I thought they would come back when the contact cleaner dried, but they never did. Ever. I finally threw the keyboard out.

So, just be a little careful with stuff like that. Contact cleaner may fix the pedal, or ruin it.

Try just stepping on and off it a bit. I used my pedal for gigs. It got real dirty, even had beer and soda spilled on it. One of the pedals got a little sticky once and didn't want to work. I just kept stepping on it. I cleaned carefully around the pedal with a damp cloth (very carefully). I even used a toothbrush to clean around it. I got it to working good again. A little of that canned air spray might fix it. Just blow it out real good.

This is a nice pedal. What I really liked is that you can turn various effects on or off a preset. I would program the effects off. What I mean, if I had a distortion with chorus and delay, I would re-program that preset to be clean. But you can always turn the distortion on or off, and the other effects like chorus and delay as well. This pedal works well like this.

This pedal does have a delay between presets. I never cared for that. But it gets some great sounds.

Wanna buy a spare for parts let me know. I still have mine. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote