Clear all

Does anyone use Line6 Spider2 amps?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone use Line6 Spider2 amps? If so what do you think of them?, any setting?

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'm sorry but I can't say *anything* good about it. It's basically the ultimate textbook-example of what a digital amp should not sound like. It's sterile, lacks warmth, has no dynamics whatsoever, responds very poorly to different guitars, leaves no character of your playing style intact. It does look pretty, has nice knobs and cool amp names but the sound is just disastrous. Heck, even a wimpy Fender Frontman 15 amp sounds better.

My personal opinion about the Spider series: if you are thinking of buying it, don't. If you just got one, return it. If you can't: good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

I have to disagree i have a 30w line 6 spider II in the house for practicing.It does everything you need.As for the sounds its never going to be a Marshall or Mesa but for the money you can't go wrong.As with all modelling amps you need to spend some time with them to get the best sound out of them.

Enjoy.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Its a pretty good amp for direct recording into a computer as well.

I paly with it and seem to get a pretty good sound and no ones complained yet so ills tick with it till I've got the moeny to buy myself a tube amp.

ReplyQuote
(@lucam)
Eminent Member

I didn't like it as well. It has several amp models, with some effects, but none of them seemed pleasant to me.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

To be honest, I used to think this amp was great, but after I was introduced to the world of tubes and decent effects pedals I would never touch a modeling amp ever again. I'm going to sell my behringer, spend the money on NOS tubes and a pedal or two.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@prndl)
Reputable Member

Line6 amps are very cool for beginners that want to sound like their favorite guitar hero.
At the touch of a button, you can dial in Van Halen, Hendrix, Satriani, etc.

The modeling, however, doesn't even come close to the depth and lush sounds you get from the real thing.
The same thing can be said about guitars.

I think that the Line6 AX2 I play at a friend's house is tons of fun - but, then again, I didn't pay for it.

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@artguitarhendsbee)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was looking at a marshal at the time but I didint have the extra 200 for it lol, but I've got a summer job coming , how much do u think a used spider2 would go for?

ReplyQuote