Clear all

dsl401 footswitch

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

hi, i got a marshall dsl401 amp a few months ago and i only tried the footswitch today, its a single channel footswitch and when i plug it into the amp i can change from the clean channel to the od1 channel but it wont turn the od2 channel on and because the footswitch is plugged in i cant turn the od2 channel on with the amp button, i looked online and from what i could seen the amp should come with a footswitch that lets me go from clean to od then from od1 to od2, when i phoned the shop i got it from they said it only comes with the single channel footswitch, so can anyone tell me what footswitch the amp should come with?
thanks

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I Googled it and here in the Statesb they come stock with a PED801.read about it here http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSL401/

Apparently they changed the model number read it here http://www.musicworld.net.au/GuitarsA/pedalsfx/footswitch/marshall.htmL

Ok now I'm really confused the site directly above says you need a PED 802 now named model PEDL-10013 so I don't know.

Seems you might need one that looks like this

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

that pedal looks more like the one i would have though should come with the amp, all i have a a single switch with channel on it, looks like i`ll just have to buy another one
thanks for the reply

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I own a DSL401, bought it used and had to pick up the footswitch. It was about $45. It will switch from the Clean channel to the Overdrive channel, and also between OD1 and OD2.

The footswitch has a little LED (you can just barely see it in the photo). It is green in OD1, turns red when you go to OD2.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote