Clear all

Effects loop Y

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've got a Preamp output/Poweramp input that utilizes a "Y" how would I go about hooking it up? Can I hook a cd/mp3 player up to it?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The jack is configured in a Ring, Tip, Sleeve. Each jack is of the normalizing type and contains the send and return information on a single ¼“ stereo phone jack. The Tip is used for the send signal and the Ring is used for the return signal. The Sleeve is ground. A Stereo “Y-cord” is required for this operation. When the loop is not being used, the signal is “normalized” through the jack. This is intended for use with guitar type foot pedals and semi-pro level rack type effects.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Does it look like this/

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

That looks like it would work. You'll have to make sure you have the ins and outs right.

joe

ReplyQuote