Clear all

effects pedals

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Im thinking about getting one or two, and I just want to know what I should get. I listen to alot of Vai, and older metallica. (Black album was their best album, but fade to black their best song) and that's the basic sound I'm looking for, but dont want to spend too much fundage, cause im a little short on it right now.What I was thinking, from the limited amount that Ive heard, is a wah, and something to really boost the tone without having to reach for my tone dial. I already have pre&post on my amp, which is a peavy rage 158, I have the low set to 10, mid to .5 and the high set to 9. The pre is at 10, while the post is usually around 1-3, but turning the post up makes me gain volume, while losing distortion.(this bothers me) Anyways, I just wanted to see what you guys think I should do, cause I dont wanna waste any money on a pedal that I won't like.  

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would go done to a music and maybe try a few different pedals out and see if theres one that will give what your looking for. I could think of a dozen or so pedals that may or may not be what your looking for.

Maybe look into getting one of those multi effects pedals that was a wah, distortion, chorus, delay, and everything else built into it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks. That actually sounds like a good idea. I might do that today.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

When your testing pedals or amps ,whatever it maybe at a music store don't be afraid to turn it up and put whatever it is your trying out through the moves. You want to know how it works and what it sounds like before you go putting down  hard earned cash.

Thats what I do. If I'm there to buy something I want to test it out right. you don't want to get out playing a gig somewhere and the first time you start pouring the coals to it (as its said). Only to find out it sounds horrible or starts cutting out on you.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, that's the meaning of "testing", isnt it? i ended up falling asleep yesterday, and woke up today, so Ill do that today...

ReplyQuote