Clear all

Fender Blues Junior question

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

In my search for an amp, I've decided on the Fender Blues Junior.  I love the tone--just what I was looking for.  On musiciansfriend.com, they have the black amp and a "blonde" (white or cream-colored) amp.  I personally like the blonde look better (they DO have more fun, you know), and it's $20 cheaper than the black one.  They both appear to have the same features, so I assume they sound the same.  They don't have the blonde one in any of the stores I've been to, so I couldn't try it out to make sure.  I guess the price difference is just the color, although I figured the blonde one would be the more expensive.  

So, does anyone know for sure they sound the same?  Also, since musiciansfriend.com seems to be the only place selling these blonde amps (it's not even listed on Fender's web site), I have to wonder how long they've been sitting around there (i.e. is it a discontinued model that has been sitting around there for years with nobody buying it?).  Is there a reason no other place sells them?  Or am I just being overly paranoid?  I just don't want to shell out the money not knowing for sure that it'll sound like the black amp.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't think that promotion is over 6 months old. Musicians Friend seems to be real good about anything defective or damaged from reviews.

Just always save receipts and packaging for a few months.

That's a great amp. The blonde is awesome.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Can't you contact MF and ask them what the difference is?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I emailed MF but haven't heard anything back as of yet.  Just thought someone here might have had some experience with both amps.  Hopefully MF will send me a response soon.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It would be nice to have something from MF just in case you order and don't get what you expect!

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jim_v)

I'm about 99.9% certain that it's the same amp except for the color.  The blonde/tweed cover is an MF exclusive.  They advertise it that way in their catalogs and on their web site.  

BTW, I've purchased a fair amount from MF and have always found them to be very helpful.  Call their 800 number if you have any doubts.  Good luck.

Taylor 420R Ltd
Guild D50CE
Martin OM-1
Fender Stratocaster Plus
Gibson Les Paul Studio

ReplyQuote