Clear all

Fender Frontman 212R, :O

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ok, this is the place to ask about amps right ?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Frontman-212R-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481601

I played this amp the time I played in the worship band ( and next time I play with them I'll try to get a second to test this baby out ). But, what do you guys think ? It has a nice price and all the reviews say It has an awesome clean channel, and a decent distortion, ( i never use an amps distortion anyway I prefer to use a pedal ). I played it myself and I fell in love with it, I'm looking for something that I won't need to update for a long while, and that I can use it for the longest possible time until I can get something better ( like a tube amp ) but not for a long while.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

REALLY loud. Loved the 12-inch speakers. Pretty good clean tone. Too darned big, heavy and loud for where I used it. Sold it to help fund a Super Champ Deluxe.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

LOL wait, isn't a Super Champ XD heavier and louder ? haha

Well I asked someone and he told me that if I wanted one that I could use for a long time and I have the option I should rather buy a tube amp, what do u think ?

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Neither heavier or louder. It's a 15 watt tube amp with some digital effects built in. It's nice and all, but the thing doesn't have a mid eq control. I put an EQ in front of it and it sounds soooooo much better.

What do I think? I really love my Blues Deluxe Reissue. Sounds great at very low volumes, and the few times I let her open up a bit, a couple years ago, she just growled out some really warm tones. It's so responsive. Very nice. BUT, that's just me, and I bought it before the $300 price hike and got 10% off on top of that.

You can find used tube amps on Craig's list. There was a Blues Deluxe last week for $475. My brother in law has a Hot Rod Deluxe. Very similar. Different speaker, I think. Sounds a bit rougher (in a good way, can't think of proper term) than mine.

Remember though, that's just me. I did a lot of searching and testing. I knew the split second I hit a D chord that it was the one for me. Maybe I'll learn how to properly use her. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Good clean power at a budget price. Tone? Thats another issue. The dirty chanel will be nothing special, solid state distortion, the clean should be very clean and loud. I have owned similar Fender amps in the past. Depending on the music you play and if you use pedals or a pedal board, it might be fine for you. If you want straight into the amp warm distorted sounds, it may not. You said you use pedals so it will probably work for you.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote