Fender Performer 1000 Footswitch Question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi eveyone,

I just bought a used Fender Performer 1000 hybrid amplifier. What a GREAT sounding amp. It has a really warm clean tone and excellent distortion. It was a well-used amp, but it is in solid working condition.

The only issue is that it didn't come with the footswitch. The original footswitch is a three-button Channel/Gain/Reverb switch with 1/4" jack. Here is a photo:

I looked up a replacement switch and it is running about $60.

My question to all of you is - - will any 3-switch footswitch work? I see a TON of different switches available through Fender and eBay (among others). Any suggestions? This is for home use so really anything that works will do the trick for me. Thanks.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

FYI - just spoke with Fender and there is a "special curcuit" in the footswitch such that you can ONLY use this switch with this amplifier. Sounds fishy to me, but I'll take them on their word. So, I'm in search for an inexpensive Fender Performer 1000 footswitch...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

You might want to look at the DigiTech footswitch for the JamMan. It is also a 3 button switch that uses only a singe cable (stereo cable - TRS). You could try it out and see if it works - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-FS3X-3-Button-Footswitch?sku=156604 I've seen them as low as $30.

If you want to build one the circuit is available on the JamMan Yahoo group - I've included it below. There's nothing really all that "special" other than that one switch grounds out both the tip and the ring. It uses the two diodes to prevent any ground loops. That's probably all that the Fender switch does.

Edit: Fixed broken image link. Couldn't link in to the JamMan Yahoo group file storage. So I copied the image to another online location. If you want the JamMan group they are at - http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/jamman/

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote