Finally ordered a Tubescreamer!

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Colorado

Well, I haven't gotten mine yet, I am relying on all the good reviews I read. And I have never owned a modern or vintage Ibanez Tubescreamer, so I can't really even compare it. But I am always reading reviews. When I see a product that the vast majority of reviewers say is great, I believe them. Everybody said the Valve Jr head was great, and it is. So this pedal should be pretty good.

Let me know what you think of yours when you get it. Mine shipped today, so probably another 3 days till I get it. I picked mine up on EBay, but it's brand new.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Wes:

Got mine today! I sat right down and played for about an hour. I have to say that, although I have not dialed in my best setting yet, it is definitely a keeper. It really complements my Crate Palomino V16 tube amp. I was playing away with the effect turned off, then played the same thing with it switched on - NICE. I have to say two things, after only playing it for a short time:

1. It is a little "tinny" - will have to work to bring up the low end of the signal (but, I didn't even plug my EQ to it yet, so that should straighten it out).
2. Keep the Drive at 12 o'clock or less - sounds best that way (at least to me).

I will post a more detailed review after I play with it for the weekend! :D

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The Tubulators came in today. I haven't played through mine yet, but I heard my boy play a lot through his and he was playing some great sounding stuff.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2