Clear all

Fun with a Pathfinder 15R!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ok I have done it folks. I have discovered that ingenuity is the key to showcase live skills. So here is the story. I was playing a medium venue of about 300 people. Pretty loud and rough crowd. I was using my Peavey 6505+ with two 4x12 Behringer Jensen Cabs. Pretty F'n loud rig. But all the sudden my peavey takes a death plunge inbetween sets and is just OBLITERATED. I know Peavey didnt make those things to take a 15 foot dive into concrete but it did. So I am just fit to be tied and I still have 3 more sets to play...

And out of nowhere my mind struck me... MY PATHFINDER! So I grab my little Practice amp, connect my VAMP2 and 3 4x12 cabs. AND OMG! That little bugger was loud all night. Of course it didnt sound nearly as well as my 6505+ but it got the job done and actually sounded better than our rhythm players Fender Twin reverb.

So if ever anyone doubts that little amps cant get it done. The VOX Pathfinder 15R is proof of a well made amp.

P.S. - my peavey is ok now

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Flashback

Sounds like a wild night, I have been there many times.

Keep people, especially drunk people, away from your gear at ALL TIMES! They will spill their beer right on your amp head. They will get their feet tangled in your cables, pulling your guitar off it's stand and knocking your guitar amp over as well. They will fall headlong into the drums (I actually enjoy that one). They will barf on your expensive multi-effects pedal. They will hug you and tell you they love you. They always have terrible bad breath. They will start a fight and trip over your monitors knocking your mics over.....

Just push them back. Keep them away from your gear.

If it was you, or your drummer (it's ALWAYS the drummer), then you are partying too much. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote