Clear all

Tuners

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jakeman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Christmas is coming up and Ive had a real problem with tuners so far, bought 3 and they have all broke.They dont pick up the noise when I pluck a string.

I was wondering if anyone knows a good one which is easily portable and wont break if its dropped a few times.

Thanks.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I have a Boss TU80 that has outlasted every other one I have had. And I am rough on them and seem to knock them off tables etc.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I bought my zen-on 331 when I first tried to learn to play 10 years ago. It's been dropped, knocked and thrown. A Boss chromatic should work too. Are you tuning an acoustic?

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I have a Boss TU80 that has outlasted every other one I have had. And I am rough on them and seem to knock them off tables etc.
All time high, quoting myself now.

Anyway, I should have mentioned the TU80 is acoustic or electric and chromatic or automatic and has a metronome.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

I like the Korg GA-30. It's a bass and guitar tuner. It works really well and it still works after all the times I dropped it.

If you like to mess around with alternate tuning I suggest the CA-30.

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I like the Korg GA-30. It's a bass and guitar tuner. It works really well and it still works after all the times I dropped it.

If you like to mess around with alternate tuning I suggest the CA-30.

I have the CA-30 and it works fine. It has hit the pavement on several occasions. Once it even popped open, exposing the innards. I just popped it back together and it never skipped a beat.

I have the Intellitouch PT1 on my Christmas wishlist. My guitar teacher has one and I like it a lot. Anyone have experience with these?

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote