3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for some pedals.

Basically I want to be able to do a few different things:

1) loop chord progressions so that I can jam over them. If I can use a mic for this as well as an electric guitar it would be best

2) do some basic effects -- chorus, eq, etc. Distortion isn't a big issue in my life, I'm a jazz guy, but a little compression for recording is not bad.

3) play mp3 or cd's, and hopefully slow them down without changing pitch. Foot controlled would be best

I've shyied away from the multi-effects world but I have a feeling that that may be where the above list puts me. What's good and what should I stay away from?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Looking around I think I have a few options open to me.

I can pick up a loop pedal, and perhaps something like the tascam guitar trainer, and go from there.

I can get a high end multi-effects board like the GNX4 (does any other multi-fx have looping and mp3 playback?)

I can just get the loop pedal and not worry about the mp3 thing, just play them through my mp3 player hooked up to speakers in my practice area.

Any loop pedals I can put an accoustic into easily?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

the guys I jam with swear by this delay modeler/looper. its the Line 6 Dl 4.

I dont use one but the results Ive heard are amazing. this guys plays a few runs then steps on a button and off it goes;playing just what he did. then he is jammin all over the top. way cool.

I had a Digitech RP3 pedal board. lots of stuff on thee. I couldnt get into the generic sounds very much. I went back to modified stomp boxes.
chorus is a great pedal. nice on acoustic.

never ran an acoustic thru a looper. it would work tho.
best of luck finding your stuff.
it does take time and trail and error. be bold.
it took over six years to find my tone. now Im set.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote