Notifications
Clear all

hooking up monitors

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dm8761)
Topic starter  

ok im sure that this has been answered plenty of times... and im sure ya'll are tired of explaining ohm calculations, and impedeance issues. BUT i have yet to under stand it.

heres the deal

we are using a Peavey XR1600 Powered PA, 20 channel, 3 x 300 watt output... Main speaker Left, Main speaker Right, Subs (with built in cross over) and it has a monitor out... we have the output sound taken care of.

still need to do monitors...

we have a Yamaha-P2500S-Dual-Channel-Power-Amp it Delivers 2 x 250W @ 8 ohms, 2 x 310W @ 4 ohms, and 620W @ 8 ohms bridged

and we have 3 Monitors, Kustom 12" montors 100W RMS handling 200W peak. i dont know what for sure the monitor ohm rating is (i can check when i get home)

But how do i hook this up? the monitors have an in/out 1/4 port on them.

can i just bridge the power amp, and then just daisey chain the monitors?

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Your best bet is to connect the monitor out signal to both inputs of the Yamaha, and connect two speakers to one output channel and the 3rd to the other channel. They'll all be at the same volume.

Daisy-chaining 3 speakers would give you a 2.67-ohm load, which is well below the amp's rating for stereo or bridge mode.

It's often best to cut the lowest frequencies (below 50 or 100Hz) as they just waste power in a monitor amp.

ReplyQuote