Notifications
Clear all

Another question, Amps this time

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lightbulbs)
Topic starter  

My research on guitars got me thinking on amps. I really want to buy a tube amp, but I don't have alot of experience in tube amps, so I was thinking about getting a small 5 watt or so. The only thing I was concerned about was, that I am in a band, and I want to overpower the drummer with a great sounding tube amp, but I don't want to buy a big ol' tube amp yet. I was wondering if you could plug a small tube amp into a bigger cab, too make it louder. I would go ahead and buy a larger tube amp, but I am short of funds, and I want a nice amp with that beautiful saturated tube break up. Sorry if I sound like a complete noob to amps, which I am, but I would greatly appreciate any advice at all.

(@rahul)
Famed Member

You want a tube amp?

Tube amp you can get - http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

Need more sounds? Get a multi effects pedal.

Rock On!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

My research on guitars got me thinking on amps. I really want to buy a tube amp, but I don't have alot of experience in tube amps, so I was thinking about getting a small 5 watt or so. The only thing I was concerned about was, that I am in a band, and I want to overpower the drummer with a great sounding tube amp, but I don't want to buy a big ol' tube amp yet. I was wondering if you could plug a small tube amp into a bigger cab, too make it louder. I would go ahead and buy a larger tube amp, but I am short of funds, and I want a nice amp with that beautiful saturated tube break up. Sorry if I sound like a complete noob to amps, which I am, but I would greatly appreciate any advice at all.

I mike up a 5 watt tube amp on stage all the time, and it sounds great. Just bring the guitar up in the monitors enough to hear yourself.

Another option to think about if you need more headroom on a tight budget is a hybrid amp. Vox has revamped and re-issued their Valve Reactor series of amps from a few years back. These are very good sounding amps for the money!

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@lightbulbs)
Topic starter  

I was thinking about the Vox Valvetronix line. They look, and sound, from what I have heard on the internet, to be really good amps. Also, they aren't to expensive.

ReplyQuote