Clear all

I need help with Amp settings for Laney TF700

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I've had my Laney head (TF700) for 2 years now and I can't get the sound I want. The clean channel is beautiful, sparkly & clear. The dirty channels however, often sound weak with little sustain or fullness. I bought a hot cake pedal to try and help the problem, and it helped a little, but still not that classic full rock sound that I want. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should have the settings on the amp to try and rectify this problem? Any help would be appreciated.  ;D

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

What controls do you have on your amp, and what settings are you using now?

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for your interest. It has 2 Drives, I usually use Drive 2 to get the heavier sound. At the moment I have Drive 2 set at:

gain set at 5 (1-10)
master set at 7 (1-10)
enhance set at 6 (1-10)

It also has general controls which are set at:
bass set at 7 (1-10)
middle set at 2 (1-10)
treble set at 7 (1-10)
reverb set at 0 (1-10)

Look forward to any possible ideas to improve my sound. Thanks heaps! Suze... ;D

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I would say come way up on your mids.

But I found something much better than that. Quite a few detailed reviews on Harmony Central. These are by people who own your amp. They were very interesting and quite a few dealt with settings. Let me know if they help.

Wes

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Laney/TF700-01.html

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for your help. I read the reviews and found some interesting results, some very similar to what I've described. I'll go and have a play with my amp now & let you know. I'm also now considering purchasing an equalizer pedal, so that I can boost my bass for fullness, but not make it sound muggy. I can't thank you enough for your help. Cheers. ;D

ReplyQuote