Clear all

Ibanez Soundtank Super Chorus

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've had this pedal for a while now and I like it, it's probably not the best chorus but i'm definitely going to keep it. I was just curious if anyone knew if it had true bypass or not, i'd rather have a pedal that has true bypass, especially when playing with multiple effects (i mainly just plan on getting a overdrive pedal, wah-wah and maybe a delay), I've tried searching but it doesn't seem to say it anywhere.

Steve-0

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I looked at a small image of the schematic for that pedal and it doesn't look like it. When you click the switch to turn on the bypass it routes the signal to the output, but only breaks the connection to the effects after the effect circuitry. Which leaves signal going into the effect but no way back out to the output, other than the through the bypass wiring.

True-bypass refers to wiring a pedal's switch in such a way that when the pedal is in bypass, your clean signal goes in one jack and out the other and does not pass through any effect circuitry. Which disconnects the effect before and after the effect circuitry, routing all the signal only through the bypass circuitry.

Hope I explained it so you understand what I'm talking about.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I understand now, I noticed that the tone was a bit different when I plugged that pedal in compared to when I just plugged it into my amp, especially when i played with distortion. I'm not too worried because I'm thinking about buying an E.Q and an overdrive pedal sometime soon, which would probably help with tone, but like I said it's not like it's bad.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Pedals today are better at not pulling all the tone from a signal compared to ones years ago like a crybaby wah did. I don't use distortion pedals, how I create distortion is by driving a 100 watt tube amp with 8 EL84's into a dummyload, then use the line outs. I use numerous Equalizers, I have them inbetween all the different pieces of equipment. That allows for better control of the dignal chain.

Joe

ReplyQuote