Just got my new amp!!!

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Here she is!!!
Man this baby is loud and has a great clean channel.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/480723/

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Congratulations on the new amp. we'll all be over to help you break it in.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Everyone come on over I can learn some new blues licks!! :lol:

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

djdubb

Congratulations!

That MUST be a good amp. I have noticed that it has been the #1 Top Seller at Musician's Friend for about the last 6 months. It also gets very good review ratings.

Have fun and CRANK IT UP! 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Got one of them myself, and I love it!

Trouble is, I think I'm gonan have to get rid of it, as it's breaking my back carrying it around.

Great sound though

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Got one of them myself, and I love it!

Trouble is, I think I'm gonan have to get rid of it, as it's breaking my back carrying it around.

Great sound though
nice amp, I tried one out at the music store, they sound great 8)

try carrying two 412 cabs and a heavy amp head!!! my old sun rig back in the 70's- we didn't have shoes, had to walk up hill in a foot of snow to the gig, -20 F, we played hard rock in a country/redneck bar with no chicken wire, ( That part is true :lol: ) ........

have fun with your new amp---the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@big-twanger)

:shock: 100 watts! can I ask a question? have had a peavy 65 something or other tube but I dont play it much, too noisy! I was wondering if I could just plug some headfones into my Maton hol bod and play to meself.
Although theres a hi gain & lo gain socket in the amp! which one should I plug my electric guitar in? with some already knowledge about these things I have hi impedence mike, will that go better in which hole.
Hope your kind to me with good answers and not make me laff too much :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Rule of thumb: lug a high output guitar (e.g. most humbuckers & all active circuits) into the low gain input, a low output guitar (e.g. single coil, like most Fenders) into the high gain input. From what I can see on the Maton website, their hollowbodies have humbuckers, so probably go for the low gain input. Nice looking guitars, by the way :D

You'll need some kind of a preamp to get any volume from your headphones, and unless you've some sort of tone-shaping circuitry it'll sound as flat as heck. An inexpensive modelling processor (say a Zoom 505 or G2, or a Behringer XV-Amp) would be ideal - just follow the manual for use with headphones - using cabinet as well as amp modelling (they'll all do that to one degree or another) will give you a very satisfactory tone on 'phones, and you'll have some degree of EQ on the processor as well.

Otherwise, look into using an attenuator on the amp. See this thread or any of several others (search for 'attenuator') for details. Complex subject, and you can spend $$$, but a Weber or such will cut the volume drastically while still retaining much of your tube tone.

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

congratulations! new equipment is always great!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Guitar Center had a used one of these for $149 and it was in MINT condition. I played it for 45 minutes along with a Tele. It sounded great. I was going to get it but I just new I couldn't afford it...I knew I would regret it but I just couldn't do it. Plus I told myself my next amp would be a tube amp...

VERY nice amp!

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

nifty new amp dude congrats :D

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

we played hard rock in a country/redneck bar with no chicken wireIt could be worse - we have a death-metal type club around here with a reputation for being a tad 'unforgiving', and legend is that they once booked a boy-band after confusing the names of two local bands :)

Wouldn't have wanted to be them if it's all true...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

To reply to the original post at last :wink:

Congrats! I've been seriously thinking about the 2x10 version (65W) so I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with it. I'm always surprised how good my little Frontman practice amp sounds (I even use it on small church praise gigs sometimes!) with a good processor in front of it - and the FM series are really big brothers to the Frontmen!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

sweet amp. enjoy.

my Fender Vibrolux has two 10's. those double 12's will be awesome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2