Notifications
Clear all

KORG AX10-G Multi FX

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter  

I've been drooling over this since it first hit the street two years ago, but the house has needed a lot of work so it always kept getting put back.

A few weeks ago, I changed jobs, and they got me one of these as a leaving present. It turned up yesterday.

If you've got worries about your sound cos you're playing some cheapo piece of junk, your worries can just disappear. This piece of kit retails for between £75 and £115 in the UK, emulates 11 amp models, including 1970's and 1980's Marshalls, the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, and best of all the VOX AC30. You can emulate the LEslie Rotating Speaker, and there's enough reverb and echo options to keep you busy. There's even an expression pedal - the Wah is based on a Vox Wah pedal. You can program your own sounds too.

I've had this less than 24 hours, and already found sounds like the Rolling Stones on Honky Tonk Women, and a very passable Hank Marvin soundalike setting.

Drool. Dribble. Drool

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Alan

I don't know if this is the model I tried, but I was playing on a Korg multi-efx at GC a few months ago. I was very impressed with 3 effects in particular. The acoustic guitar simulation was the best I've ever heard from a multi-efx. Also, tremelo and rotary were the best I've ever heard as well. If I would have had the cash I would have picked it up for these 3 features alone.

Have fun, Korg Rocks. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote