Notifications
Clear all

Looking for advice about a Keyboard and Gear

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mr-greenjeans)
Topic starter  

Hi! I'm looking for some advice or suggestions.

I recently got a CTK - 593 Casio Keyboard as a gift though I'm not sure if it's more than I need for what I'm doing. This keyboard has a 3 step lesson program, a mic input, 120 rhythms, 100 songs to learn, midi features and more. Here's the thing, I'm on a path to be more proficient as a guitarist than to spend alot of time figuring out how to use all of the features on this keyboard. Though I am looking to have a keyboard for the use of studying music theory and maybe learn a handful of songs in the process. Is this keyboard worth keeping for what I plan to do with it?

My option is to return the keyboard and get some gear for my guitar which would give me a total of 200 hundred bucks in store credit. (which includes the keyboard and a gift certificate) At the moment I have a 15w crate amp, a 4 track cassette recorder, band in a box with a sound blaster pre-amp hook up to my comp. I'm looking to get an effects processor or a digital recorder. I would still be able to put some money toward a keyboard at Best Buy (with the 50 dollar credit I have there)

Thanks in advance.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The keybord isn;t that advanced, and the features you mention are nice but not that expensive: going for a cheaper keybord without these options won't get you much extra cash. Keep the keybord (you can even see is at as a basic drumbox/metronome for your guitar!), learn to play it, and just expand your knowledge. More guitar equipement can always come later.

ReplyQuote