Seagull S6+ Electro-Acoustic Amp

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@danrobertson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi all :-)

Bin browsing this site for a little over a year but here's my first post...

I recently upgraded my acoustic guitar from a Taylor Big Baby to a very nice Seagull S6+ cedar electro acoustic with a cutaway. I have been looking into some acoustic amps but I am pretty much limited in what I can test out at local shops. The place where I got the seagull from had 1 acoustic amp (a carlsbro 80w).

I have been looking at the AER alpha amps, they have had glowing reviews pretty much everywhere, have any of you had any experience with them? I think however that this may be overkill for the godin quantum pickup system in place although I have no idea how good or bad this is yet other than from what I heard in the shop.

I hooked up my electro acoustic to my marshall mg30dfx (getting rid of this for a vox AD30VT soon) and it sounded ok but I think a proper acoustic amp is the way to go.

Any recommendations?

It would be mainly a practice amp although if I improve I might venture into the big bad world.

Cheers,
Dan.

I should've picked a decent nick, lol.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hiya!

While I'm not much into the world of AE amps, why not try it into the AD30VT? If you're going to get that one for sure you might as well see if you really need a second amp for your accoustic.

Oh: if you login and go to your profile you can edit your nickname. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@danrobertson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well im not 100% on getting the AD30VT. If I manage to sell my marshall then I will seriously consider it.:) I've noticed you highy recommended it before along with several sites, so I may see if one of my local shops have it and give it a whirl. I have seen a lot of people who have it complain of workmanship issues which is worrying, such as it just dying or the input jack breaking e.t.c. Sound-wise tho it gets good reviews, which is all I care about.

I noticed a while back quite a few people had seagulls/simon and patricks etc, and was just curious what they'd recommend. If I'm getting the ad30vt then I'll probably get that first out of the two amps (since the aer alpha is £400 ish), so it can't hurt to try it I guess.

I just want the best possible sound out of my guitar (even tho I can't really play that well at the moment). I figure that if I get an average amp then I'll probably just want to upgrade in future, and if I get a good one then I'll probably stick with that as I upgrade guitars. I've had serious GAS recently so I slightly fixed it with the new acoustic. I hope it gets less serious as I get older cause I've only been playing 14months and I've bought a Taylor Big baby, a USA strat and the Seagull :). I'm trying to sell the Taylor so at least its only 2 guitars.

Even tho my nick sucks, it's my name so I'll just put up with it, heh.

ReplyQuote