Clear all

Marshalls

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I've been using a Line 6 Spider (the first model) since I've been playing electric, less than a year now. Anyhow, almost everytime I see a show (usually rock) the guitarists are always using Marshalls. Why are they so popular? I've never played through one, and they don't sound any better than my Line 6 on the surface. Only louder, but then again the spider can crank pretty good, even though mines only a 50 watter...

Cheers,
Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@reflectionsfading6)

I think most rock guitarists use them because of their lead channels. They are known to have a low end crunch for heavy riffing, and the screaming highs the produce...and best of all in my opinion...THEY HAVE A GOLD FACEPLATE...YES..GOLD...even though its not real gold...IT LOOKS GOLD!!! ;D

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I will speak for myself.  back when there didn't seem to be many tube amps to choose from Ampeg, Gibson,  Fender, Marshall, Vox that was about it or anything I was interested in anyway. And Marshall and Ampeg had the only stacks as I remember.

Mostly it was the sound and tone of the amp run at high volumes that took on a feel an world of its own. It's like you can feel the notes on your fretboard and in your soul when an all tube amp is running at power tube saturation.

After many years of buying and using about every amp I could can think of from tubes to solid state just to hear what they sound and feel like. I do have a rather large selection of equipment from over the years. But my main back-line still says Marshall on them.

Maybe I just a creature of habit and the fact I've used them for so long that I don't really give to many other amps the benefit of the doubt. Really the best sounding tube amp I have a friend made and it was suppose to used as a home stereo amp.

but no I have to make a mod or two and plug my guitar into it..lol  And it sounds out of this world, its just not particle to carry around. Besides its always impressive to see a guitar players shadow from the colored lights cast upon a Mashall stack.

I perhaps didn't answer the Question the way you where looking for, I'm a guitar player.

Joe

ReplyQuote