Clear all

Mic placement

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I've been trying to sing backup vocals at the past couple of practices, but we are having issues w/ my mic feeding back. I've made sure that my mic was not facing either monitor and it is not facing any of the amps. The stand is extended over my bass amp (it's one of those angled in the middle stands). The mic is actually pointing toward the back corner of the room. We tried turning the monitor that is near my mic towards the wall it is next to as well. Anyone have ideas on how to cut out the feedback? It may be a good thing that they keep a mic away from me cause I can't really sing!

I was trying to figure out how to describe the layout and realized it would be easier if I just laid it out in Visio. Below is a completely accurate and to scale blueprint of our practice room layout*.

*Yes, that is sarcasm you just detected.

Bass player for Undercover

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Corners reflect sound back to the mic. Try to put all the monitors on one wall, and the mics in the middle of the room. There's a chart in one of the lessons...

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

First, turn the instrument amps down, and tell the drummer to ease up on the volume. Then you won't need as much gain on the mics or volume on the PC to be able to hear the vocals.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote