Clear all

modifying amps?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I might get me a Blackstar HT-5 combo soon and only thing I'll miss (a LOT) about my Laney is reverb. I always use reverb and would have to buy a pedal for it...Which I'd hate because of the extra hastle and cluter. I like to just put my guitar in and go. Not to mention the cost as I wouldnt settle for anything that'll colour my tone or sound lousy.

So my question is: Is it possible to have such features modded onto an amp. And if so I'd imagine its very expensive right? :cry:

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

the HT-5 has an effects loop, so you could put insert the reverb unit in that ... and maybe attach pedal/unit to the back or just inside (open back?) the cabinet. it does not look as if the combo has enough room in it for a full spring reverb unit.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

hmmmm. Didnt think of that. That would neaten things up a bit though I'd still have to bother with the power adapter, but I could live with that. Only problem is, unlike on my Laney the HT-5 doesnt have a knob on the front to control the fx loop level - only a crude switch on the back :? . And having to reach round the back and twiddle with the level knob on the pedal itself would be kinda silly. My problem is sometimes I like a little reverb, sometimes a moderate amount, or I might drown my sound in it...and I really like to just be able to change that on fly without any hassle, as I do now.

Why'd they have to go make such a damn nice sounding and then leave out reverb?!

ReplyQuote
(@jerrydyer)

the Boss RV5 is pretty cool in the loop , has a stereo extra out too!

ReplyQuote