Notifications
Clear all

Multi Effects Recommendations?.. =)

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I do wish you hadn't said that, C&S.co.uk! Now I'm going to have to investigate those... Oh, the pain of GAS ;-)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Bah! I have no sympathy as I'm too skint to allow myself to give in to GAS... and I really want a 12-string acoustic and I really, really want an Iceman :cry:

I only managed to get my G2 as it was my 30th just as they came out :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Another nice MFX:
http://www.behringer.com/DSP2024P/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Costs only $100 or so but has some wicked effects in them. It's a Multi-effect *only*, so no modeling.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

What's the difference between modelling and amp simulation? I've always thought they were the same thing, but I get the feeling I'm gonna have to dust off the ol' dunce cap... :(

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I like my Boss ME-50. I also use other pedals and multiple amplifiers. I have an A/B pedal into two Epiphone Valve jr. 5w tube heads out of the Boss ME-50 and a Vox AD30VT. I am experimenting with a seperate wah, Arion Tubulator, and EQ pedals. I also have my eye on several Electro-Harmonix, Rocktron, and Voodoo Lab pedals.

Plug IN and Jam

That is my suggestion!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

What's the difference between modelling and amp simulation? I've always thought they were the same thing... :(

I think the are, C&S... amp models simulate actual amps, and stomp box models simulate, guess what? (For instance, my GFX-1 can model, or simulate, a Fender Twin or a Fender Champ, or else it can simulate a TS-9 or a Boss OD-1. Speaker simulation (emulation, modelling) on the other hand allows a processor to be run DI into a board, either for recording or to feed a PA, as is often done in church and similar settings.

If I'm wrong, can I share your dunce's cap?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

An amp simulation models an actual amp, they are different words for the same thing. A multi-effect contains effects that you'd use with an amp: flanger, delay, reverb, compressors, you name it. The Boss ME50 is mostly a multi-effect, the GT8 is both an outstanding multi-effect and modeler. The Behringer DSP2024 is stricly a multi-effect, the Line6 DM4 is purely an amp sim.

You just need to ask yourself what you need. You like your amp? Get a multi-effect. You don't like the amp? Get a modeler.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Thanks guys. That's what I thought - I was thrown 'cause the page you linked to (Arjen) says that it's got amp simulation :)

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I own the Digitech RP-80 and I think it sounds great when I use it in front of my amp, it was cheap and i can get good sounds out of it when played through my amp, although the effects could be better.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2