Clear all

My new amp! (forthcoming)

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

So I bought I Windaroo (LOL, just sounds funny to say) hollow body, and am really looking forward to some jazz learning...but I don't have an amp anymore, and just wanted something really inexpensive that would do the job.

So I picked up one of these Danelectro Honeytone Mini Amps

There is a youtube video review that is really great, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu5nh1mzkAM , pretty funny review and pretty honest as well.

Picked it up for $20 from Music123.com w/ Free Shipping

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Cool Joe! It's really hard to tell unless it's in person, but it sounds like a decent little amp. (Especially for the price!)

You'll have to give us a review once you get it.

Jim

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

A friend had a small Marshall. They are good amps for practicing.

Anyway, you can not go wrong for $20!

I'll wait for your review, too.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, it ships out tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get it by Monday.

I'm buying a Peavey Max 126 Bass Amp (I've heard they're great for Jazz type playing) for $30 on Friday for more normal use, but this Danelectro will be good to throw in the bag.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

So I picked up one of these Danelectro Honeytone Mini Amps

One of my secret weapons. Put an SM-57 on that l'il thang, crank up the OD and it sounds like you're blowing up a stack when you play the recording back. Or through a PA for that matter . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thats awesom, I've got an sm 57 I was going to test it out with. It will be at my house tomorrow with an Epi Lp Junior. Bought that for $30 :)

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I'm buying a Peavey Max 126 Bass Amp (I've heard they're great for Jazz type playing) for $30 on Friday
Thats awesom, I've got an sm 57 I was going to test it out with. It will be at my house tomorrow with an Epi Lp Junior. Bought that for $30 :)

I never thought I'd use a phrase like this, but...

Dude, you gotta take me shopping with you some time. :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL Craigslist man!

They all arrived today (well the Honeytone did), and I picked up the Epi Junior and Amp from the Craigslist guy....that needed a good cleaning, and some new strings...I'll put the strings on it tonight at work, I took the strings off at home, and polished it up, and it looks almost brand new!! Not bad for $30. Wonder how some Jazz will sound on it?

ReplyQuote