Notifications
Clear all

Possible Trade advice???

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chance1991)
Topic starter  

I just picked up a Crate GFX 212T yesterday off of Craigslist for $50. It works, sounds solid, and sounds just like your typical high-wattage solid state amp. It is currently the backup to my Vox AD50VT (1x12). My question is, I have a trade offer for a Squier Affinity Telecaster, 15-watt Peavey Vypyr, and a Zoom Pedal (??? not sure of specifics ???). The amp was definitely a KILLER deal at $50, but this trade seems VERY tempting. What should i do???

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hmmm..

What guitar(s) do you have now?
Would the Squire give you something different, or more of the same?

The Vypyr might be a bit portable than your VOX, and would make a reasonable practice amp. Both are modelling amps with effects, etc. Do you practice in more than one room? Might be nice to have a rig waiting in both places.

With the modelling amps having effects on-board, the Zoom might be more of the same. Or it might let you do different combinations of effects. Depending on the model, it might have some looping capability.

On the other hand, the Crate is powerful, and also has onboard effects.

No matter what you do, $50 is a good deal for any of it.

What do you want to do with your guitar playing?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@chance1991)
Topic starter  

I'm just trying to collect as much guitar gear as possible. Not only am I a crazed player, but want to collect a bunch of stuff as well. Currently I am playing a Epiphone Les Paul, but know for a fact I'm a Fender man. Thats why the Tele interests me, even if it s a Squier. And as far as the whole "les paul/strat" thing goes, yes they are VERY different, but I can find the sounds I want from anything, so I'm not too picky.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Any of those would be reason enough to go for the trade. :lol: :wink:

Assuming the squire, Peavey and Zoom are in decent condition, I'd go for it if it was me.
Try to get a chance to check out the guitar, especially the neck.
Even a free guitar with a warped neck isn't much of a deal.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote