My new toys (MORE!??!!??) YES---sigh

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Since I purchased my Schecter guitar I've been trying to decide if I like the sound or not. :shock: You laugh?

Let me give you something to laugh about. Other than direct into my sound board I had no other amplification except the little 20Watt Fender that came with my Strat pack. Now mind you, I'm no expert at sound quality but just wasn't satisfied with what I was hearing. I figured it was the amp. DUH!!!! :roll:

So this week I purchased a V-AMP2. I figured for $100 it was a small investment in experimentation.

Well let me tell you that I got my $100 worth last night after opening it up and trying it out for the first 2 minutes.

I can't explain the emotions that came out of that thing while I swept through a few of the sounds that device offered up.

I must have sat for 2 hours and just plucked some very simple chords and created some great sound segments. This thing, to me, is what my guitar playing was missing. Quality sound for a small buck. Man, I will be busy with this toy for a while. I actually recorded a small chord progression in Audacity. Looped it and am working on a lead part to compliment it. This thing is so cool.

Anyway sorry to rant...errrr....rave.

Signed....

Very happy camper. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Bish, Excellent!!

When I got mine I had the same thing happen to me, I was totally captivated by the flexibility of it.

WOW!! huh?

Once I got aquainted with it, after a month or two, I started to define my own sound(s) with the thing and since started down another road of tone exploration. Took the plunge into Tube Amps.

You'll have a great time with it. I used mine all last winter with headphones early in the mornings then later in the day I'd plug into the Amp and your right for a $100, so what? You can't go wrong with it.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

And that will be my plan this winter. Socked away under 3 feet of snow and exploring new tone frontiers.

It could only get better if I was being payed.

(I gotta figure out a way to get more vacation time from work. This is addicting.) :shock:

Maybe I need an identical setup for work, too!?!?! :twisted:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member

ROFLMAO

Thats how I feel. :)

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats!

I know quite a few people here own that amp and they all seem satisfied.

Have fun!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats

Arjen is the expert on these pedals. According to him they are awesome. I just might try one myself after hearing all these rave reviews.

Have fun!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have a hopefully dumb question. :oops:

What I can't figure out is if it has an on/off function?

I've had to use the power cord to power up and down the unit.

What have I missed? :?

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I have a hopefully dumb question. :oops:

What I can't figure out is if it has an on/off function?

I've had to use the power cord to power up and down the unit.

What have I missed? :?

Nothing.. :)
That's how you do it.. Its either ON or ON!! LOL till you pull the plug of course. :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Dagwood. I was afraid of that.

Shoulda spent the extra $20 to get the one with the on/off switch. I'll never learn. :D

Hey, Dag, old buddy...hehe...when ur done washing your guitar in the avatar, can I have it?

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Sure thing.. I've been meaning to find a new(er) one here anyway.
I'll let ya know ;).

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you want the on/off switch you'd need the 'V-amp Pro''. Which is basically the same thing but in 19", without the bag and footswitch, harder to update the EPROM disc and costs some extra cash. Anyway, read the manual on how to disconnect it from the power source, pulling the wrong end out first can potentially ruin all the presets stored in your V-amp.

And yeah, it rocks, even more so considering the silly price it costs. Don't forget to connect the V-amp to your MIDI port on your pc and download the free software on the Behringer website. It will allow you to set the effects way better and more accurately, plus giving combinations otherwise not possible.

ReplyQuote