Notifications
Clear all

NEED AMP ADVICE

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@xchef)
Topic starter  

Hi! I just bought my son a BC Rich Warlock guitar and I need advice on what amp to get for him. He is playing heavy metal, Van Halen, A/c D/c ect. I can spend around $500. I saw a Mesa Boogie Maverick for sale what do you think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Lucky Kid to have his Daddy buy him a Mesa :)

Either a Mesa or a Marshall would prolly suffice for what he likes. If there's any $$$ left, get him a Metal Zone and a Big Muff Pedal and maybe a delay pedal too while your at it :)

Then be prepared to have your eyes water and your head cave in with all that distortion....hehehehehehehehe :twisted: :twisted:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

Mesa rules as you probably know. I do have another recommendation though, if you want something cheaper:

Peavey ValveKing 112 combo - 60 watt all-tube combo using 6L6GC and 12AX7 tubes, 2 channels, clean and lead, boost function for solos on the lead channel, many features of Peavey's higher-end amps, a very powerful, toneful and versatile amp, and CHEAP at $399.99 at AMS and MF. If you got more money, buy your son a Valveking 120-watt half-stack. With that, he'll be able to pull off pretty much any gig that'll come to him.

ReplyQuote