Clear all

Need help with a system for home use.

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I want to be able to sing through a mic and project it through speakers just to get over my Hotrod Deville. I need to know what I need, and I'm looking for some fairly cheap equipment, but fairly reliable because I'm broke, and the system would just be for home use nothing fancy. Thanks. ( I was too lazy to read the sticky at the top of the page) :lol:

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'd recomend the "Audio Choice C100 100W Portable PA System". I purchased one about a year ago to use as a practice PA for my band so we wouldn't have to lug around the big PA gear & set it all up for practices. I use it at home too for the same reason you are looking for. It gets plenty loud, and has belted through 2 guitars, 1 bass, and 2 drummers practicing with no problems, so should be plenty loud for you. Here's the link to it at MF: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/AudioChoicebySoundTechC100100WPortablePASystem?sku=630130

Good luck,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I also recommended this system on another thread. I have used small PAs like this, and really, I was very impressed with the quaility of sound. My band used one of these small systems at a club that had this PA installed, it performed quite well, and we were pretty loud.

No way it can keep up with a band that plays loud, but if you play at respectable volume, these systems work.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

How inexpensive are you talking. what I've seen time and again is someone purchase's a small system only to find out that its to small and then ends up having to get something that will work, which ends up costing you more in the long run. Why not do some brainstorming and look at different systems, along with options and how your going to be using it. If your going to be driving some rock or blues tone from your fender you may very well need more than 100 watts even if your using an attenuator on it.

For playing around the house just plunking it may work. But when there are more than one musician and once everyone gets playing you'll goobel up 100 watts up right from go. I would consider something 200 watts to 500 watts. Everyone will have an opinion on this subject this is something to consider.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Maybe something like this?

the fact that it's designed to be portable is a nice feature. And it's enough to do a small accoustic gig.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote