Clear all

New Toy

14 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I bought a Digitech RP50 today. Someone recommended the RP100 to me but it was $175, the RP50 was $130 so I got it instead.

Overall, I like it. It has a lot of options to play around with and the amp models are nice, my favourites being the rectifier model and the hi-gain tube amp model. Also, it comes with an adapter, also, the adapter works with my Digitech Grunge pedal too.

My only complaints are, the volume of the presents varies WAY too much. From barely audible to deafening loud and the distortion isn't as heavy as I'd like it to be.

P.S. Driving people in the store nuts with Smells Like Teen Spirit is great fun!

(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I'm glad you like it. I have the RP 200A and have so far found very little use for it, but that's life.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

OWA

Read the manual. :D

It will tell you how to tweak all your presets so that the volumes are correct. You can also increase gain for distortions, might have to bring the volume down.

I gotta laugh though, every multi-effects I've ever owned I have to tweak gain down. Some distortions sound like a chain-saw or air leaking out of a flat tire.

You must really like high gain distortion. But you will find out that hyper distortion gets lost in the mix when you play with others.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

the manual that came with mine says nothing of how to tweak anything, which is a part of why i don't like the thing.....

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I had the RP50, never used it, all the effects were horrible.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

the manual that came with mine says nothing of how to tweak anything, which is a part of why i don't like the thing.....Checked for a new one online? Dunno about Digitech specifically, but a lot of manufacturers will update manuals and keep the current version on the website. http://www.digitech.com/literature.htm

I'd learned 90% of what I know now about my pedal between the time I ordered it and the time it was delivered :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

the manual that came with mine says nothing of how to tweak anything, which is a part of why i don't like the thing.....

Yeah I had the RP100A for a while.. I liked the drum beat thing, but then I got the V-AMP2 and WHOA!! yeah...

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I found the setting to adjust the volume. It's under the "Preset Level" and then you just adjust it there.

I'm having fun with it. I found out how to increase the distortion too so now I have the screaming high gain sound I was after. I also managed to break a string while tuning using the built in tuner. I need to remember to stop the string from ringing, then tune.

I like the effects, whether or not I could cycle between them on a stage remains to be seen though.

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

What you could do is create your own presets for the effects combinations that you use and put them in an order that you can select quickly by using the up or down foot switches. You just have to remember not to get carried away and stomp on the switches, they don't feel like they can take that kind of abuse. I've had no problems in a year and a half, but I just use mine at home. 8)

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i've found that you need to put more time into it than what i can spend so i never use it. i think i like individual pedals better but i don't know since i only have one, a tube screamer.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I had someone give me one of those about a year ago or so. Its a great pedal. With a little tweaking I could get some pretty cool sounds from it. I had used it for the built in drums on a few tracks. I had it hooked up with the stereo out going into a stereo equalizer into a carver power amp.It sounded great. I didn't even have a guitar plugged into it. I took it to a couple jam sessions and it held its own.

Have fun experimenting with it.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

congrads Onewingangel.
new guiar, new amp ,and a new pedal.
you definately are at the adult table now.

hope your pedal works out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Hey Angel..

Enjoy the pedal, but tell me what is the inbuilt drum machine like? On the Digitech web site it says it has 30 patterns. Can you adjust the tempo on these?

Thanks

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Hey Angel..

Enjoy the pedal, but tell me what is the inbuilt drum machine like? On the Digitech web site it says it has 30 patterns. Can you adjust the tempo on these?

Thanks

Keith
Ive owned this pedal. and yes the drum machine is adjustible.
not bad on the samples either.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote