Clear all

never ending search

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

im looking for an all tube amp.............i just want about 60 watts and one 12" speaker......i can't seem to find an amp that has ultra distorion........marhalls are more classic type of sound i want a well... creed or disturbed type sound...i cant find anything!!!!!!!

so please help me
thank you for anyone who does know what i should do!!!!

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

:'( :'(and i can see no one knows what i should do  :'( :'(

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Know need to realize that most of us here are volunteers. We try to accommodate everyone, but sometimes it takes time for some of us to get time to answer.

You'll need to try everyone you can out. There are brands out there that aren't sold in stores, but are custom made. You need to do some research on the subject. A few companies that come to mind that you won't find in local store or on-line stores would be a like these.

Traynor, torresengineering, pennalizer.com, Tony Bruno, fredericamps.com, or go to somewhere like this Specimen Products and have them custom build you to specifications.  These won't sound like the run of the mill or idolized boutique tube amps, and ready to pay for what you get.

If your really looking for something out of the ordinary and know your way around inside a tube amp without getting electrocuted, you could do like I did and convert an all tube stereo home power amp to work for your guitar or pick up any old tube amp and make Mods to get the sound and tone your searching for.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't think you're gonna find an all tube amp with that kind of distortion.

My main amp right now is a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It's got great clean sound and a good Blues distortion, but not anything like Marshall or Mesa Boogie. A friend recommended the Fab Tone by Danelecto. It is awesome. I get the kind of distortion you're looking for. I know that's not the answer you want, but Creed and Disturbed are probably using pedals to get their sound as well.

Maybe there is a tube amp out there like that. If you find it, let us all know.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote