7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

goin saturday to get a new amp, and i needed some advice on whick one to get

ok im really on a budget,, i dont wanna go over 200$

i need one loud enough to play in a gym at school i was thinkin the line6 spider2
any suggestions the style of music would be hard rock like 3days grace and stone sour,

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Come on, you can go just a little higher than $200 can't you? :D

If so, I would absolutely check this amp out if possible.

Randall RX30D

This is a ROCK amp. Randall has great distortion, they sound like a killer Marshall amp. Serious. Go try one out and see for yourself.

30 watts (enough to gig), 12" Celestion (what Marshalls use) and even 16 effects. This won't make all the pretty noises a Line 6 makes, but the distortion will crush any Line 6.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

i really cant go over 200 cause i just got a new guitar not to long ago and i was really looking for something alot more than 30watts (our drummer is pretty loud) and our other guitarist is playin an epiphone sg through a line6 spider2 so i think that i really should go with a higher watt amp
i kno randalls are good when i bought my ibanex i played it through one before ibought it
thanx for the information tho

i was also thinkin about the beriinger vampire but i really like the line 6

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

If you want to know just how good a Spider II can sound, check out these guys http://www.thieff.co.uk/Download.htm . They're friends of mine, and I've played both my own and James' guitars (he has a nice pair of Teles, an American DL and a Thinline) through his amp, and I was seriously impressed. That's a lorra lorra amplifier (sorry Cilla!) for a teeny bit of cash...[/url]

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Personally I'd stay away from the Spider II's.

Yup I even owned one. Yeah its loud, yeah its got crazy distortion but as it's been mentioned in other threads here on this forum. Too much distortion just adds to the mudd. (read: not so good for cutting through).

A 5w-10w Tube amp will BLOW a 30watt Solid State out of the water anyday. :)

But to each his own.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I just got the Guitar Center September sale flyer in the mail and they are advertising the Crate XT65R guitar combo for $199 after $30 rebate . It is 65 watts with three channels and a 12" speaker . They also are throwing in a free guitar with the purchase of the amp . I have a Crate amp and have been gigging with it for 3 years and can honestly say that I'm very happy with it . Happy amp hunting !

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

well i listened o you guys and stayed away from the spider2 , i went and got a 100 watt crate, i dont even kno the model yet g somethin its not the best amp in the world but its got good distortion and a really nice clean channel and its loud and i dont get too much feed back at high volumes but im still gonna buy a noise gate pedal to cut it out ( any reccomendations)

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote